I’m not particularly surprised that, when it comes to attitudes about sex and dating, there’s still quite a gap between the genders.
A new survey by the free online dating site Smooch of its 37,000-strong member base found that, while 65% of men think that a woman who has sex on a first date is liberated, the same proportion of women think it’s unacceptable.
Female respondents were cautious and judgemental with comments such as:
- If he wants to do that with you, he’s probably tried it with
- He won’t respect you if you do
- I don’t want to be another notch in the bedpost
Conversely male respondents were eager to see such actions in the best possible light:
- Most of my long term relationships have started with first date sex – the chemistry was irresistible!
- Women who think it’s Ã¢â‚¬Ëœeasy’ are living in the dark ages and
that’s what I’d find offputting
- If it feels right do it! I wouldn’t date a woman who let
calculations override her emotions
So, liberated or easy? What do you think?