However good your marriage is, there’s always room for a little improvement.
Resolve to make 2006 a spectacular year for your marriage!
1. Express love daily
- Choose to love without conditions daily.
- Say “I love you” and mean it.
- Show love through your words and actions.
2. Apologise more readily
- Say “Sorry” and mean it.
- Admit your mistakes before you’re caught out.
- Don’t attempt to make yourself look better by trivialising or retaliating when it’s you that’s in the wrong.
3. Forgive more graciously
- Don’t hold a grudge or try to make them feel worse.
- Never gloat.
- Remember, next time it will probably be you that messes up.
4. Speak well of each other
- Never badmouth your partner to anyone else in public. Be respectful at all times.
- Sort out your problems, issues, and ‘dirty laundry’ in private first.
- Don’t confide in other people without your partner knowing and agreeing.
5. Make time for each other
- Maintain and develop shared interests and spend quality time together.
- Do what you can to have regular exclusive/special times that nothing else interferes with (a ‘date night’).
- Examine your schedule and don’t let yourself get so busy that you never see your partner.
6. Allow space for each other
- Don’t spend 24 hours of every day with each other
- Allow each other to develop hobbies and interests
- Though you’re a partnership, remember you are also still two individuals. Don’t live independently but don’t cramp each other’s style either.
7. Keep romance alive
- Guard against your relationship becoming stale or mundane
- Be spontaneous!
- Romantic surprises are fun!